Onest Market Intelligence Limited (The “Company”, “us” or “we”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy, which includes any personal information that you may choose to provide us (“Personal Information”).
Onest Market Intelligence Limited, 15, Triq Villambrosa, Hamrun HMR 1128, Malta is the data controller in accordance with General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). We will process all Personal Information in accordance with GDPR.
The privacy of your personal data is important to us and we are wholly committed to ensuring that visitors to the Company’s website are informed about the information we may collect, the way we collect, use and store that information, and your rights at law with respect to that information.
This Policy sets out the Company’s privacy policies and practices for the personal information which you provide to us.
We may collect data about you including while you are navigating the pages of this website as well as details on how we use the information you provide to us and your rights in this regard.
Where a data subject exercises a right under applicable privacy law, the Company must respond by taking any action required by the relevant privacy law, unless the request is obviously unfounded or excessive. We must take the relevant action within one month of receipt, unless a different time period is set by applicable privacy law.
The GDPR grants data subjects the possibility of exercising their rights. Article 15 of the GDPR provides data subjects with the right to access their personal data. Once the data subject exercises such a request, We would take the relevant action and provide the data subject with the following information:
1. The purposes of the processing;
2. The categories of personal data;
3. Any recipients of recipient to whom the personal data have been or will be disclosed, in particular recipients in third countries or international organisations;
4. The retention period or, if that is not possible, the criteria used to determine the retention period;
5. The existence of the following rights:
a. Right to rectification
b. Right to erasure
c. Right to restrict processing
d. Right to object
6. The right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority
7. Where personal data is not collected from the data subject, any available information as to their source;
8. The existence of automated decision making, including profiling and meaningful information about how decisions are made, the significance and the consequences of processing.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Some or all of your personal data may be stored or transferred outside of the European Union (the EU) for any reason, including for example, if our email server is located in a country outside the EU or if any of our service providers or their servers are based outside of the EU. We shall only transfer your personal data to organisations that have provided adequate safeguards in respect of your personal data.
ACCESSING AND UPDATING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You have the right to request a copy of the personal data that The Company holds about you -and to have any inaccuracies corrected. Further, you may, where applicable, also have the right to have certain personal data rectified, blocked or erased. Please address any such requests in writing to [email protected]
WHY DO WE LOG YOUR IP ADDRESS?
What is an IP address?
When you first started your internet session (i.e. your computer connected to the internet) your computer was automatically assigned a unique: an IP Address. This is your computer’s unique address on the internet. Without that IP Address, websites would not be able to deliver their content to you as they would not be able to find your computer on the internet.
Because each time you disconnect and reconnect to the internet a new IP Address is automatically assigned to your computer, IP Addresses are not suitable for us to identifying you as an individual.
How do we collect your IP Address?
Each time you visit a page within this website your computer sends out a message to the Company’s website asking for the content. This message sent by your computer also encloses your IP Address as a form of “return address” so that the Company’s website may find your computer on the internet in order to send it the requested content. The Company’s web-server automatically logs all these messages.
What do we do with your IP Address?
When we log your IP Address, the data collected is grouped up with the other logged IP addresses in order to provide us with statistics on visitors to the site, such as the geographic location of visitors, how long they stay on the Company’s site, which are the most viewed pages and other matters.
Collecting this information allows us to administer the Company’s site, diagnose potential server problems, analyse visitor trends and statistics, and generally helps us provide you with a better experience.
COOKIES & ADWORDS
What are Cookies?
“Cookies” are small text files that are sent by websites so that the website can remember who you are. Without cookies, websites and their servers have no memory. A cookie, like a key, enables the website to remember users that have already visited. Without a cookie, every time you open a new web page the server where that page is stored will treat you like a completely new visitor.
What are Adwords?
This website uses the Google AdWords remarketing service to advertise on third party websites (including Google) to previous visitors to our site. It could mean that we advertise to previous visitors who haven’t completed a task on our site, for example using the contact form to make an enquiry. This could be in the form of an advertisement on the Google search results page, or a site in the Google Display Network.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
When you visit our website and make use of our services we may collect and process the following data about you:
• Any information that you provide by filling in forms on our site. This includes any information provided at the time of registering to use our site, posting material, requesting further services or subscribing to any service offered by us on the site. This data includes the following types of information: name, surname, address, email address, phone number, gender, age or nationality.
• We may keep a record of any correspondence with you if you contact us.
• Details of the resources you access and of your visits to our website.
Where we collect your data from sources other than yourself, we undertake:
• to do so only by legal means;
• to do so only with your consent; and
• to declare to you what sources we use, and under what circumstances.
We undertake to declare the purpose of collection of data in a manner, which is clear and meaningful, and to avoid vague statements.
WHAT DO WE DO WITH THE PERSONAL INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE US WITH?
What do we use your personal information for?
Where contact details are submitted through the website or otherwise provided by you these are stored in the Company’s contacts database primarily in order to be able to administer your request and to provide you with the information required. This can include:
1. For general account management and processing of your transactions via your banking service provider;
2. For the provision of services;
3. To help identify you in case we need to interact over the phone, electronic email or any other way;
4. To verify your age and accuracy of your registration details, including disclosure of such information to third parties e.g. financial institutions and third party reference agencies;
5. To serve appropriate and tailored marketing material and content via SMS, email, phone, push notification, post or otherwise, in accordance with your marketing preferences;
6. To help diagnose system problems and to administer our Website;
7. To gather broad demographic information about you, such as determining whether you are a user from outside of Malta
8. To monitor and improve our services;
9. To carry out customer research, testing and analysis;
10. To carry out risk management;
11. To enable us to comply with any legal or regulatory requirements; and
12. For advertising and promotional purposes.
We also store your personal data in order to be able to provide you with other information, from time to time, that we feel may be of interest or of use to you (including newsletters, mailshots, publications and other information) and generally for direct marketing and statistical purposes.
You may unsubscribe at any time by sending an email to [email protected]
Is your Personal Information Secure?
The Company strives to protect the security of any data which you provide to it or which the Company collects about you, and will update it from time to time in order to ensure that its measures are always up-to-date in accordance with its obligations.
To whom and where personal information may be disclosed?
Your Personal Information may, for the purposes described above, be transferred or disclosed to any related party or, subject to appropriate agreement, to third parties, for the processing of that Personal Information on our behalf. We may, from time to time, retain trusted third parties to process your Personal Information for the purposes listed above and such processing will be governed by a contract in the form required by law.
Where required by law, your Personal Information may also be disclosed to an applicable governmental, regulatory enforcement authority.
The Company operates in multiple jurisdictions, some of which are not located in the European Economic Area (“EEA”). Countries outside the EEA do not always have strong data protection laws. We will ensure that each Group company and their service providers process your information under strict contractual instruction, in a secure manner and in accordance with this Policy.
Retention & Disposal
We keep your information for as long as is necessary for the purpose for which it was originally obtained. We will take all necessary steps to ensure that the privacy of information is maintained duringdisposal.
THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
If you would like to contact us regarding any matter related to your personal data you may email send an email to [email protected]
We suggest that you take the time to familiarise yourself with its contents. By using this website you are subject to the terms of the Policy.
Updated: 30th October 2019